1) Believers are often ignorant of their faith and how to share it.
2) They are ignorant of why the Bible and Christian faith is unique, even amazing!
3) Lack of personal Bible reading/study among believers leads to distorted views of morality, etc.
4) 60-70% of college students leave their faith, and embrace views and lifestyles inconsistent with what the Bible teaches due to their ignorance.
5) It is likely that federal funds will be soon diverted from conservative Christian universities, leaving students only a secular option.
1) Many Christians rely on clergy to evangelize and do not think it is their responsibility.
2) Pastors often emphasize “Come Bring” to our church event over the Great Commission’s “Go and Tell” your neighbor, co-worker, family members, etc.
3) Pastors emphasize financial support of world missions but not personal responsibility to share the Gospel locally.
4) Pastors rely on one sermon a year to motivate people to share, but rarely teach them how to do it.
1) Evil abounds in our society.
2) Evil wants our children.
3) Some believers are complacent and disengaged in combating evil.
4) Disengagement makes it easier for evil to get our children.
Upward Living in a World Gone Mad, by Marcia Gillis, is a Philippians study available at Amazon.com. Bible study resources for small groups and individuals, designed for those who want to go deeper. (There is also a student version for those in high school and college.)